Chiranjeevi welcomes his brother Pawan Kalyan`s entry into politics
Vijayawada: Union minister and Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee`s election campaign in-charge Chiranjeevi welcomes his brother Pawan Kalyan`s entry into politics.
Talking to reporters on Monday, Chiranjeevi said that he would invite youth to enter politics for social justice.
Replying to BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu`s recent comment in Hyderabad about the "bus yatra", he said that it was the BJP which first introduced the `rathyatra` before demolishing
the Babri Masjid in Ayodhya.
Venkaiah Naidu had recently said that Congress leaders conduct a "bus yatra" (bus tour) and later they go to a "teerthyatra" (pilgrimage).
Chiranjeevi also said that the BJP benefited from the `rathyatra` by improving its position from only two seats to 80 seats during the 1984 general elections.
When asked about why Congress leaders are "migrating" to the Telugu Desam Party (TDP), he said that TDP president Chandrababu Naidu encourages "migrations" by sending its corporate MPs to the houses of Congress leaders and luring them by offering various benefits.
He said that such "migrations" do not harm the Congress, since committed workers are still with the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda