Chiranjeevi`s first public meeting as Cong leader
Hyderabad: Actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi will address his first public meeting as a
Congress leader in Visakhapatnam on September 18.
The meeting has been arranged in the wake of merger of Chiranjeevi`s Praja Rajyam with Congress last month. Among others, the meeting aims at promoting integration of the
activists of PRP with Congress among others.
State Congress Chief Botsa Satyanarayana would preside over the meeting in Visakhapatnam, where the Praja Rajyam had a good support base.
Following the merger of PRP with Congress, Chiranjeevi formally took the membership of the ruling party in the presence of MP Rahul Gandhi on August 20 in Delhi.
Satyanarayana indicated that public meetings are likely to be held at few other places too.
Earlier, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, Satyanarayana, Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Rajanarasimha, state ministers and several senior Congress leaders paid floral tributes to late Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy on his second death anniversary today at Gandhi Bhavan, state Congress headquarters, and Assembly buildings.
The state Congress president said, the state government is committed to fulfill the various welfare schemes initiated by late Rajasekhara Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...