Chiranjeevi`s first public meeting as Cong leader
Hyderabad: Actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi will address his first public meeting as a
Congress leader in Visakhapatnam on September 18.
The meeting has been arranged in the wake of merger of Chiranjeevi`s Praja Rajyam with Congress last month. Among others, the meeting aims at promoting integration of the
activists of PRP with Congress among others.
State Congress Chief Botsa Satyanarayana would preside over the meeting in Visakhapatnam, where the Praja Rajyam had a good support base.
Following the merger of PRP with Congress, Chiranjeevi formally took the membership of the ruling party in the presence of MP Rahul Gandhi on August 20 in Delhi.
Satyanarayana indicated that public meetings are likely to be held at few other places too.
Earlier, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, Satyanarayana, Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Rajanarasimha, state ministers and several senior Congress leaders paid floral tributes to late Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy on his second death anniversary today at Gandhi Bhavan, state Congress headquarters, and Assembly buildings.
The state Congress president said, the state government is committed to fulfill the various welfare schemes initiated by late Rajasekhara Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday