Chiranjeevi`s son-in-law surrenders in Dowry case
Hyderabad: Sirish Bhardwaj, the
son-in-law of actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi on Wednesday surrendered before a local court after evading arrest for over
four months in a dowry harassment case.
Bhardwaj`s estranged wife Srija, who is Chiranjeevi`s
youngest daughter, had accused him and her in-laws of
harassing her for dowry. The couple had married against the
wishes of Srija`s family in 2007 and have a two-year-old
The Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate sent
Sirish to judicial custody till August 8.
The Supreme Court had rejected his anticipatory bail
plea in May. It advised him to surrender before the
concerned local court and seek a regular bail after arrest.
Following a bitter break-up, Srija has filed a
complaint with the police on March 15 alleging that Sirish and
her mother-in-law had tortured her mentally and physically for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him