CID begins probe into Mahbubabad violence
Hyderabad: The Crime Investigation
Department (CID) today formally began its probe into the
Mahbubabad violence that erupted during the `Odarpu yatra` of
Congress MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, in which 24 people were
Three teams of the CID, led by Additional DGP A
Sivanarayana visited Mahbubabad town and the railway station,
which witnessed a group clash and heavy stone-pelting between
pro-Telangana activists and followers of Jagan, on May 28.
"We have began the probe. We have collected the
documents and the investigation is in very preliminary stage,"
the CID chief said over phone.
Nine Telangana statehood supporters suffered bullet
injuries after gunmen of Congress legislators fired on them,
besides eight policemen and seven civilians were also injured
in stone-pelting at Mahbubabad railway station.
Defending his department, Andhra Pradesh Director
General of Police R R Girish Kumar, had yesterday dismissed
reports about police failure to prevent violence at
The top cop had further asserted that the police did
not create any hurdles for Jagan`s yatra and in fact took all
possible precautionary measures to ensure that Jagan`s `Odarpu
yatra` goes off peacefully.
"We will investigate into all angles that led to the
violence. We are sending our own officers (CID) to verify on
deployment of forces, how the forces acted, deficiency on
their part if any, besides to probe the firing incident," the
top cop had said.
Following the violence, Jagan was taken into
preventive custody and he had to abandon his yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’