CID gets custody of ex-scribe in forgery case
Hyderabad: A local court has granted the CID a two-day custody of former journalist T Sunil Reddy, accused of forging signature of Rajya Sabha member M A Khan on his letter-head and leveling allegations against Andhra Pradesh DGP, V Dinesh Reddy.
Sixth Additional, Chief Metropolitan Magistrate`s court, granted CID a two-day custody of Sunil Reddy (starting from September 3rd) and directed it to produce him again on September 5.
Reddy, a consultant with Sri City Special Economic Zone in Chittoor district, was arrested by the Crime Investigation Department (CID) on the charges of criminal conspiracy and forgery on August 28, now he is in the judicial custody.
CID had sought four days` custody, saying that Reddy could throw light on his modus operandi, and the alleged complicity of a senior IPS officer in the crime.
Reddy allegedly forged the signature of Rajya Sabha MP Khan and wrote, using his letter-head, to the Union Home Ministry, making some accusations against the state DGP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love