CLP requests Sonia to select its new leader in AP
Hyderabad: The Congress Legislature Party
(CLP) in Andhra Pradesh today adopted a resolution unanimously
requesting the All India Congress Committee (AICC) president
Sonia Gandhi to select its new leader in place of late Chief
Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmonthan Reddy moved the resolution
which was adopted unanimously, according to Union Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee, who attended as the special
As many as 150 MLAs, 49 MLCs and 29 MPs attended the CLP
meeting. The meeting adopted a resolution paying glorious
tributes to Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, who was killed in a
helicopter crash on September 2. Another resolution was also
adopted paying tributes to the two pilots, chief security
officer and principal secretary who were killed along with
In a third resolution, the CLP condoled the death of
people in the recent floods in five districts of the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know