CM Naidu assumes charge at camp office
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Thursday assumed the charge at his `camp office` here.
Naidu, who took oath on June 8 at a massive public event in Guntur, took charge at the Lake View Guest House near the Raj Bhavan here. The guest house would serve as Naidu`s camp office.
Naidu is currently working from his home and would later occupy an office in the AP Secretariat which is being refurbished.
Naidu also addressed the employees of the AP Government in the Secretariat premises, as he was welcomed upon his arrival for the first time after becoming the Chief Minister.
He promised to be employee-friendly and sought their cooperation.
Naidu is expected to function from Seemandhra in the coming days, though Hyderabad would be the joint capital for Telangana and new Andhra Pradesh for ten years.
A committee of experts appointed by the Centre is presently dealing with issue of deciding the venue for the new capital for Andhra Pradesh.
Naidu had served as Chief Minister of undivided Andhra Pradesh for a period of about ten years before losing power in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery