CM Naidu assumes charge at camp office
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Thursday assumed the charge at his `camp office` here.
Naidu, who took oath on June 8 at a massive public event in Guntur, took charge at the Lake View Guest House near the Raj Bhavan here. The guest house would serve as Naidu`s camp office.
Naidu is currently working from his home and would later occupy an office in the AP Secretariat which is being refurbished.
Naidu also addressed the employees of the AP Government in the Secretariat premises, as he was welcomed upon his arrival for the first time after becoming the Chief Minister.
He promised to be employee-friendly and sought their cooperation.
Naidu is expected to function from Seemandhra in the coming days, though Hyderabad would be the joint capital for Telangana and new Andhra Pradesh for ten years.
A committee of experts appointed by the Centre is presently dealing with issue of deciding the venue for the new capital for Andhra Pradesh.
Naidu had served as Chief Minister of undivided Andhra Pradesh for a period of about ten years before losing power in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees