CM rejects partymen`s demand for inquiry against ministers
Zaheerabad (AP): Andhra Pradesh Chief
Minister K Rosaiah on Monday ruled out any inquiry into charges of
corruption levelled by some senior Congress leaders against a
few of his cabinet colleagues.
"There is no need for any such inquiry," Rosaiah said
in Zaheerabad where he came to attend the Prajapatham
(administration at the people`s doorstep) programme.
Senior Congress MP from Guntur Rayapati Sambasiva Rao
has petitioned AICC chief Sonia Gandhi against some of the
state ministers saying there were many "Madhu Kodas" in
Rosaiah`s Cabinet and demanded action against them.
Amalapuram MP G Harsha Kumar made a similar demand
while senior leader Palvai Govardhan Reddy and others too
public levelled allegations of corruption against the
ministers, much to the discomfiture of the ruling party.
Questioned about the vigilance inquiry ordered
against Revenue Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao, facing
allegations of misappropriation of MGNREGP funds, the Chief
Minister said the minister himself volunteered to face a probe
to prove his innocence.
Asked whether Congress` image has taken a beating
because of the graft allegations against the ministers
levelled by senior party MPs and other leaders, Rosaiah
replied in the negative.
The temperature was 43 degrees Celsius in Zaheerabad
but the 77-year old Rosaiah enthusiastically took part in two
programmes in the town after flying down from Hyderabad.
Yesterday, he was in Guntur, his native district
attending a series of programmes.
"I am duty-bound to do this. I am not at all feeling
uncomfortable," the Chief Minister replied when asked about
his heli-hopping trips to various regions of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway