Coast Guard to induct 250 ships, 100 aircraft
Visakhapatnam: Indian Coast Guard will induct
250 ships and 100 aircraft over the next five years, a top
official said on Thursday.
Talking to reporters here, Commander Coast Guard
Region(East),Inspector General, Satya Prakash Sharma said that
the orders for 150 ships have already been placed.
Stating that Coast Guard was in the forefront in
safeguarding the maritime interests of the country, he said
the new ships would boost its capability in the eastern
Presently, Coast Guard has 60 ships and 49 aircraft.
He also informed that six new coast guard stations, one
each in Kolkata and Odisha, two each in Andhra Pradesh and
Pondicherry would be established soon.
Meanwhile, three of its ships, Vikram, Chandbibi and
Ramadevi were decommissioned today with full military
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels