Coast Guard to induct 250 ships, 100 aircraft
Visakhapatnam: Indian Coast Guard will induct
250 ships and 100 aircraft over the next five years, a top
official said on Thursday.
Talking to reporters here, Commander Coast Guard
Region(East),Inspector General, Satya Prakash Sharma said that
the orders for 150 ships have already been placed.
Stating that Coast Guard was in the forefront in
safeguarding the maritime interests of the country, he said
the new ships would boost its capability in the eastern
Presently, Coast Guard has 60 ships and 49 aircraft.
He also informed that six new coast guard stations, one
each in Kolkata and Odisha, two each in Andhra Pradesh and
Pondicherry would be established soon.
Meanwhile, three of its ships, Vikram, Chandbibi and
Ramadevi were decommissioned today with full military
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- PM Modi condoles former Singapore President Nathan's death
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam