Coast Guard to induct 250 ships, 100 aircraft
Visakhapatnam: Indian Coast Guard will induct
250 ships and 100 aircraft over the next five years, a top
official said on Thursday.
Talking to reporters here, Commander Coast Guard
Region(East),Inspector General, Satya Prakash Sharma said that
the orders for 150 ships have already been placed.
Stating that Coast Guard was in the forefront in
safeguarding the maritime interests of the country, he said
the new ships would boost its capability in the eastern
Presently, Coast Guard has 60 ships and 49 aircraft.
He also informed that six new coast guard stations, one
each in Kolkata and Odisha, two each in Andhra Pradesh and
Pondicherry would be established soon.
Meanwhile, three of its ships, Vikram, Chandbibi and
Ramadevi were decommissioned today with full military
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31