Coast Guard to induct 250 ships, 100 aircraft
Visakhapatnam: Indian Coast Guard will induct
250 ships and 100 aircraft over the next five years, a top
official said on Thursday.
Talking to reporters here, Commander Coast Guard
Region(East),Inspector General, Satya Prakash Sharma said that
the orders for 150 ships have already been placed.
Stating that Coast Guard was in the forefront in
safeguarding the maritime interests of the country, he said
the new ships would boost its capability in the eastern
Presently, Coast Guard has 60 ships and 49 aircraft.
He also informed that six new coast guard stations, one
each in Kolkata and Odisha, two each in Andhra Pradesh and
Pondicherry would be established soon.
Meanwhile, three of its ships, Vikram, Chandbibi and
Ramadevi were decommissioned today with full military
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Navjot Singh Sidhu is still in the party: Punjab BJP chief
- Youth arrested from Parbhani for suspected ISIS links
- Shocking! UP man caught having sexual relationship with 140 women, which includes lady police officer - READ
- Do not intervene in South China Sea dispute: China tells Japan
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli steps down