College building caves in few hours before exam in AP
Machilipatnam (AP): A college building caved in the wee hours of today, hours before it was to host students who were to write their exam there.
As many as 40 students of Lady Ampthil Government Junior College for Girls were to appear for their vocational examination in the building.
However, the structure collapsed early this morning, College Principal K Ramprasad told a news agency.
The building, where the exam was to begin at 10 AM, was constructed in 1973 and the first floor was added in 1997, he said.
"Had the collapse taken place a few hours later, a big tragedy would have taken place,` the Principal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing