College building caves in few hours before exam in AP
Machilipatnam (AP): A college building caved in the wee hours of today, hours before it was to host students who were to write their exam there.
As many as 40 students of Lady Ampthil Government Junior College for Girls were to appear for their vocational examination in the building.
However, the structure collapsed early this morning, College Principal K Ramprasad told a news agency.
The building, where the exam was to begin at 10 AM, was constructed in 1973 and the first floor was added in 1997, he said.
"Had the collapse taken place a few hours later, a big tragedy would have taken place,` the Principal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof