College building caves in few hours before exam in AP
Machilipatnam (AP): A college building caved in the wee hours of today, hours before it was to host students who were to write their exam there.
As many as 40 students of Lady Ampthil Government Junior College for Girls were to appear for their vocational examination in the building.
However, the structure collapsed early this morning, College Principal K Ramprasad told a news agency.
The building, where the exam was to begin at 10 AM, was constructed in 1973 and the first floor was added in 1997, he said.
"Had the collapse taken place a few hours later, a big tragedy would have taken place,` the Principal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'