Commitment to Telangana cause is `full and final`: BJP
New Delhi: Clearing the air over its stand on Telangana issue, BJP on Thursday said its commitment to the statehood cause was "full and final".
BJP President Rajnath Singh conveyed this to TRS Chief K Chandrasekhar Rao who met him at his residence here, party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
"Our commitment is full and final. We will get Telangana," he said.
Javadekar said the BJP chief had explained about the "double game" played by Congress party on the statehood bill.
"Congress is playing double game, double politics... They are not friends of Telangana and they are not friends of Seemandhra either," he alleged.
Congress did not have any idealogical commitment towards the issue, he charged.
He said Congress did not initiate any action against Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy who had participated in a dharna here yesterday against the bifurcation move.
Javadekar refused to comment whether his party would unconditionally support the Telangana bill which is likely to be introduced in Parliament in its current session.
"We are only one voice," he said when his attention was drawn towards different opinions being expressed by various BJP leaders.
Earlier, emerging from the 20-minute meeting with Rajnath Singh, TRS leader Rao said the issue of different leaders of BJP placing various view points over the Telangana issue has been clarified by Rajnath Singh.
"After meeting Rajnath Singh, all that cloud is clear now. He said he will make the way for passage of the bill," the TRS supremo stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!