Commitment to Telangana cause is `full and final`: BJP
New Delhi: Clearing the air over its stand on Telangana issue, BJP on Thursday said its commitment to the statehood cause was "full and final".
BJP President Rajnath Singh conveyed this to TRS Chief K Chandrasekhar Rao who met him at his residence here, party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
"Our commitment is full and final. We will get Telangana," he said.
Javadekar said the BJP chief had explained about the "double game" played by Congress party on the statehood bill.
"Congress is playing double game, double politics... They are not friends of Telangana and they are not friends of Seemandhra either," he alleged.
Congress did not have any idealogical commitment towards the issue, he charged.
He said Congress did not initiate any action against Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy who had participated in a dharna here yesterday against the bifurcation move.
Javadekar refused to comment whether his party would unconditionally support the Telangana bill which is likely to be introduced in Parliament in its current session.
"We are only one voice," he said when his attention was drawn towards different opinions being expressed by various BJP leaders.
Earlier, emerging from the 20-minute meeting with Rajnath Singh, TRS leader Rao said the issue of different leaders of BJP placing various view points over the Telangana issue has been clarified by Rajnath Singh.
"After meeting Rajnath Singh, all that cloud is clear now. He said he will make the way for passage of the bill," the TRS supremo stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan