Common Guv of AP, Telangana to be responsible for security
Hyderabad: Once divided, Andhra Pradesh and the new state of Telangana will have a common Governor with `special responsibility` for the security of life, liberty and property of all those residing in the common capital of Hyderabad.
However, the common Governor shall discharge the special responsibility after consulting the Council of Ministers of the successor state of Telangana.
But the Governor can exercise "individual judgment" as to the action to be taken and his/her decision will be final, according to the draft AP Reorganisation Bill-2013.
In particular, the responsibility of the Governor shall extend to matters such as law and order, internal security, security of vital installations and management and allocation of government buildings in the common capital area, a proviso in the draft Bill states.
In discharge of the functions, the Governor, after consulting the Council of Ministers of the state of Telangana, will exercise his individual judgment as to the action to be taken.
"The decision of the Governor in his discretion shall be final and the validity of anything done cannot be called to question", the draft Bill adds.
The Governor shall be assisted by two advisers to be appointed by the central government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach