Communal cash: Security beefed up in Andhra town
Nalgonda: A day after four persons were injured when members of two communities clashed in district`s Devarkonda town, police on Wednesday intensified efforts to nab those responsible for the rioting while security was beefed up in the troubled areas.
Prohibitory orders were enforced in the town and efforts were on to nab those responsible (from both groups) for fomenting the trouble, a senior police officer said.
"The situation is now under control. Bakrid prayers passed off peacefully. Additional forces were patrolling in the lanes and bylanes of different areas and pickets were set in sensitive areas of Devarkonda town," Nalgonda District Superintendent of Police T Prabhakar Rao told a news agency.
"We have taken some persons into custody and verifying their role in the incident. Based on their questioning we will soon nab all the trouble-makers," the SP said.
Trouble broke out late last night after members of two communities argued over hoisting of religious flags and threw stones and attacked each other with sticks, resulting in injuries to four persons, including a local BJP leader, police had earlier said.
DIG (Hyderabad Range) Naveen Chand and senior police officers were closely monitoring the situation in Devarkonda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16