Communal cash: Security beefed up in Andhra town
Nalgonda: A day after four persons were injured when members of two communities clashed in district`s Devarkonda town, police on Wednesday intensified efforts to nab those responsible for the rioting while security was beefed up in the troubled areas.
Prohibitory orders were enforced in the town and efforts were on to nab those responsible (from both groups) for fomenting the trouble, a senior police officer said.
"The situation is now under control. Bakrid prayers passed off peacefully. Additional forces were patrolling in the lanes and bylanes of different areas and pickets were set in sensitive areas of Devarkonda town," Nalgonda District Superintendent of Police T Prabhakar Rao told a news agency.
"We have taken some persons into custody and verifying their role in the incident. Based on their questioning we will soon nab all the trouble-makers," the SP said.
Trouble broke out late last night after members of two communities argued over hoisting of religious flags and threw stones and attacked each other with sticks, resulting in injuries to four persons, including a local BJP leader, police had earlier said.
DIG (Hyderabad Range) Naveen Chand and senior police officers were closely monitoring the situation in Devarkonda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum