Communal clashes rock AP Assembly; House adjourned thrice
Hyderabad: Communal clashes in the old city area Tuesday rocked the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, which was adjourned thrice after main opposition TDP stalled the Question Hour, demanding an immediate discussion on the issue.
As soon as the House met for the day, TDP members raised the issue vociferously and rushed to the well demanding a thorough discussion on the clashes.
Chief Minister K Rosaiah`s statement that the situation had to be dealt with an iron hand and his plea for their cooperation in this regard failed to pacify the TDP members.
Though Rosaiah said he has convened an all-party meeting to discuss the situation, uproarious scenes continued and the House had to be adjourned thrice.
The first two adjournments were for 15 minutes each and the third for 30 minutes.
Earlier, Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen and BJP members were on their feet on the issue but Speaker Kiran Kumar Reddy did not allow them to speak.
"You can discuss the issue in detail at the all-party meeting convened by the Chief Minister," Reddy said.
Incidents of communal violence in the old city area left one dead and 80 injured since Saturday, prompting the authorities to clamp curfew.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000