Complaint against MIM MLA Ahmed Pasha Quadri for remarks about Gandhi`s statue
Karimnagar (Andhra Pradesh): A complaint has been received against Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA from Charminar, Ahmed Pasha Quadri, for his alleged remarks about the statue of Mahatma Gandhi in the state Assembly premises in Hyderabad, police said on Friday.
BJP president of Jagtial town Raju has filed a police complaint against the MIM MLA, who allegedly made some `objectionable` remarks against the statue of Gandhi yesterday, Assistant Superintendent of Police A Rama Rajeshwari said.
The complaint has been sent to the Public Prosecutor for opinion, she said adding, the police would act after receiving a report from the prosecutor.
Incidentally, a top MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi was recently arrested for making a "hate speech".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’