Complaint against Telangana MP for remark on women
Hyderabad: A police complaint has been lodged in Visakhapatnam against a Congress MP from Telangana for allegedly making a remark which insulted Andhra women.
Samaikhya Andhra Joint Action Committee, which is opposing a possible division of Andhra Pradesh, on Tuesday lodged a complaint at police stations in three towns in the coastal city against MP Ponnam Prabhakar.
Prabhakar from Karimnagar had compared his counterpart from Andhra region Vundavalli Arun Kumar to a Peddapuram prostitute.
Peddapuram is a town in East Godavari district in coastal Andhra.
Arun Kumar is an MP from Rajahmundry constituency in the same district.
A woman leader of the JAC demanded that Prabhakar publicly apologise to Andhra women for making the comment.
She said the politician had stooped to the level of hurting the sentiments of women.
Prabhakar had made the comment while reacting sharply to Arun Kumar criticizing Telangana leaders during a speech at a recent meeting at Rajahmundry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!