Complaint against Telangana MP for remark on women
Hyderabad: A police complaint has been lodged in Visakhapatnam against a Congress MP from Telangana for allegedly making a remark which insulted Andhra women.
Samaikhya Andhra Joint Action Committee, which is opposing a possible division of Andhra Pradesh, on Tuesday lodged a complaint at police stations in three towns in the coastal city against MP Ponnam Prabhakar.
Prabhakar from Karimnagar had compared his counterpart from Andhra region Vundavalli Arun Kumar to a Peddapuram prostitute.
Peddapuram is a town in East Godavari district in coastal Andhra.
Arun Kumar is an MP from Rajahmundry constituency in the same district.
A woman leader of the JAC demanded that Prabhakar publicly apologise to Andhra women for making the comment.
She said the politician had stooped to the level of hurting the sentiments of women.
Prabhakar had made the comment while reacting sharply to Arun Kumar criticizing Telangana leaders during a speech at a recent meeting at Rajahmundry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read