Complaint against Telangana MP for remark on women
Hyderabad: A police complaint has been lodged in Visakhapatnam against a Congress MP from Telangana for allegedly making a remark which insulted Andhra women.
Samaikhya Andhra Joint Action Committee, which is opposing a possible division of Andhra Pradesh, on Tuesday lodged a complaint at police stations in three towns in the coastal city against MP Ponnam Prabhakar.
Prabhakar from Karimnagar had compared his counterpart from Andhra region Vundavalli Arun Kumar to a Peddapuram prostitute.
Peddapuram is a town in East Godavari district in coastal Andhra.
Arun Kumar is an MP from Rajahmundry constituency in the same district.
A woman leader of the JAC demanded that Prabhakar publicly apologise to Andhra women for making the comment.
She said the politician had stooped to the level of hurting the sentiments of women.
Prabhakar had made the comment while reacting sharply to Arun Kumar criticizing Telangana leaders during a speech at a recent meeting at Rajahmundry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy