Complaint against Telangana MP for remark on women
Hyderabad: A police complaint has been lodged in Visakhapatnam against a Congress MP from Telangana for allegedly making a remark which insulted Andhra women.
Samaikhya Andhra Joint Action Committee, which is opposing a possible division of Andhra Pradesh, on Tuesday lodged a complaint at police stations in three towns in the coastal city against MP Ponnam Prabhakar.
Prabhakar from Karimnagar had compared his counterpart from Andhra region Vundavalli Arun Kumar to a Peddapuram prostitute.
Peddapuram is a town in East Godavari district in coastal Andhra.
Arun Kumar is an MP from Rajahmundry constituency in the same district.
A woman leader of the JAC demanded that Prabhakar publicly apologise to Andhra women for making the comment.
She said the politician had stooped to the level of hurting the sentiments of women.
Prabhakar had made the comment while reacting sharply to Arun Kumar criticizing Telangana leaders during a speech at a recent meeting at Rajahmundry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!