Complaint against Telangana MP for remark on women
Hyderabad: A police complaint has been lodged in Visakhapatnam against a Congress MP from Telangana for allegedly making a remark which insulted Andhra women.
Samaikhya Andhra Joint Action Committee, which is opposing a possible division of Andhra Pradesh, on Tuesday lodged a complaint at police stations in three towns in the coastal city against MP Ponnam Prabhakar.
Prabhakar from Karimnagar had compared his counterpart from Andhra region Vundavalli Arun Kumar to a Peddapuram prostitute.
Peddapuram is a town in East Godavari district in coastal Andhra.
Arun Kumar is an MP from Rajahmundry constituency in the same district.
A woman leader of the JAC demanded that Prabhakar publicly apologise to Andhra women for making the comment.
She said the politician had stooped to the level of hurting the sentiments of women.
Prabhakar had made the comment while reacting sharply to Arun Kumar criticizing Telangana leaders during a speech at a recent meeting at Rajahmundry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what