Complaint filed over presence of singer Srinivas at rally
Hyderabad: Complaints were on Saturday lodged against noted Telugu Ghazal singer Srinivas and Inspector General (Greyhounds) PSR Anjaneyulu accusing them of violating the orders of city police with regard to the APNGOs meeting.
TRS leader Etala Rajender and advocate B Narasimha Reddy alleged in their complaints that Anjaneyulu violated the orders by allowing Srinivas at the `Save Andhra Pradesh Meeting` even though the singer was not a government employee.
Hyderabad police had granted permission to the rally, held in support of united Andhra Pradesh, on the condition that only government employees would be allowed at the venue.
Saifabad police said they had received the complaint but were yet to register any case.
TRS MLA Harish Rao also filed a complaint with Saifabad police alleging that constable Srinivas, who shouted slogans in support of Telangana state at the rally venue (L B stadium), was assaulted by some other policemen present there.
Fellow constable Srisailam, who went to his rescue, was also assaulted, Rao alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him