Complaint filed over presence of singer Srinivas at rally
Hyderabad: Complaints were on Saturday lodged against noted Telugu Ghazal singer Srinivas and Inspector General (Greyhounds) PSR Anjaneyulu accusing them of violating the orders of city police with regard to the APNGOs meeting.
TRS leader Etala Rajender and advocate B Narasimha Reddy alleged in their complaints that Anjaneyulu violated the orders by allowing Srinivas at the `Save Andhra Pradesh Meeting` even though the singer was not a government employee.
Hyderabad police had granted permission to the rally, held in support of united Andhra Pradesh, on the condition that only government employees would be allowed at the venue.
Saifabad police said they had received the complaint but were yet to register any case.
TRS MLA Harish Rao also filed a complaint with Saifabad police alleging that constable Srinivas, who shouted slogans in support of Telangana state at the rally venue (L B stadium), was assaulted by some other policemen present there.
Fellow constable Srisailam, who went to his rescue, was also assaulted, Rao alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez