Complaint lodged against Togadia for provocative remarks
Hyderabad: A complaint was on Thursday lodged against VHP leader Praveen Togadia for allegedly making provocative statements against a community near the historic Charminar here, police said.
Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Togadia had made some inflammatory remarks against the community during his visit to Hyderabad last month when the Old City was tense over a row on Bhagyalakshmi temple, police said quoting the complainant, Salahuddin Affan, secretary of Darsgha-Jihad-o-Shahadat (DJS), a local organisation.
"No case has been registered so far and we are seeking legal opinion," a senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port