Complaint lodged against Togadia for provocative remarks
Hyderabad: A complaint was on Thursday lodged against VHP leader Praveen Togadia for allegedly making provocative statements against a community near the historic Charminar here, police said.
Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Togadia had made some inflammatory remarks against the community during his visit to Hyderabad last month when the Old City was tense over a row on Bhagyalakshmi temple, police said quoting the complainant, Salahuddin Affan, secretary of Darsgha-Jihad-o-Shahadat (DJS), a local organisation.
"No case has been registered so far and we are seeking legal opinion," a senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- South Africa vs New Zealand: 1st Test drawn as sodden outfield prevails at Kingsmead
- Gold smuggling: Government loses over $1 billion in revenue
- Govt rejects Infosys proposal to set up IT SEZ in West Bengal
- Urjit Patel as new RBI head to ensure continuity: Mundra
- Manipur tribals to observe unity day on Aug 31