Concern over construction of temple within Charminar premises
New Delhi: A DMK member on Friday expressed concern in the Lok Sabha over construction of a temple within the premises of the famous Charminar in Hyderabad through alleged encroachment and asked the Centre to take appropriate action to prevent any communal tension.
M Abdul Rahman (DMK) drew attention of the House during Zero Hour to how the temple had come up within the precincts of the Charminar over the years and is encroaching further on the land belonging to the heritage building.
Rahman said he and his party are not against any temple or any other place of worship but this temple has come up due to negligence of the authorities. He sought Centre`s intervention and appropriate action before the situation gets out of hand.
Mahendrasinh Chauhan (BJP) hit out at the government for not paying adequate attention to the issue of bringing back India`s prisoners of war and those who went missing during the 1971 war. He said those soldiers who are dead should be declared martyrs and given bravery medals.
Ashok Argal (BJP) demanded installation of more ATMs in rural areas as people have to travel long distances and to cities to withdraw money.
Jaiprakash Agarwal (Cong) demanded that facilities like sewer lines, roads, dispensaries and schools should be built in the unauthorised colonies of Delhi where a lot of poor people live. Expressing concern over spate of fires in trains, R Thamaraiselvan (DMK) demanded that Indian Railways should install fire alarm system in all trains.
Dilip Kumar Manshukhlal Gandhi (BJP) suggested that government should encourage LED lighting system as it helps in saving energy.
Raghuvansh Prasad Singh (RJD) regretted that Indian Railways, which ran 60 special trains for Diwali and Chhat, has not cared to provide salary to employees of Bharat Wagon Works.
Singh demanded that Railways should come out with a plan to rehabilitate the wagon unit.
S Semmalai (AIADMK) urged the Central government to increase allocation of kerosene for Tamil Nadu to 65,140 kl.
Ram Shankar (BJP) sought Centre`s intervention in dealing with the problem caused by laying of faulty sewer lines in Agra.
He also demanded an enquiry into the way the work was being done by private contractors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Bihar intermediate result 2015 (commerce) on biharboard.ac.in