Concerns of Seemandhra people will be taken care of: Digvijay
New Delhi: In the wake of widespread violence and protests by anti-bifurcation agitators in Andhra Pradesh, Congress leader Digvijay Singh Monday sought to assuage the feelings of Seemandhra people saying their genuine concerns on security, education, employment in Hyderabad would be taken care of.
"Assure all Seemandhra people of their genuine concern of Security in H`bad Education, Health Employment and package for Development," Singh, who is in charge of Congress affairs in Andhra Pradesh wrote on Twitter.
He also appealed to all agitating government employees of the state to resume work as they would be losing their salaries.
"Appeal to AP Govt employees to suspend their strike and resume their duties. They are losing their salaries and causing hardship to people," Singh said.
Leaders of various parties including Jaganmohan Reddy`s YSR Congress have gone on fast in protest against the bifurcation of the state while TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu will start an indefinite hunger-strike in the national capital from today to protest against the Union Cabinet`s decision regarding the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
On October 3, the Union Cabinet had decided to go ahead with the process for the creation of a separate Telangana state carved out from Andhra Pradesh.
A delegation of YSR Congress leaders will also meet functionaries of different national parties in Delhi today to drum up support for the cause of a united state.
Curfew has been clamped in Vizianagaram town and shoot-at-sight orders issued by district authorities in the wake of yesterday`s large-scale violence by anti-bifurcation agitators who remained undeterred and indulged in fresh violence and clashed with police injuring atleast 20 cops.
Digvijay had earlier accused YSR Congress and TDP of "politicial opportunism" and "turn around" on Telangana issue.
"Surprised with the turn around of Chandra Babu (Naidu) and Jagan (Jaganmohan Reddy). Both had given support to Telengana in writing. Amazing Political Opportunism!," the AICC general secretary had earlier said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'