Conduct probe into assets of DGP, Andhra govt told
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh High Court
on Wednesday directed the state government to get an impartial
inquiry conducted into the assets of DGP V Dinesh Reddy and
his wife in the light of allegations levelled against him by
batchmate and another DG-rank officer Umesh Kumar.
The court also ordered a probe against Kumar over
allegations of corruption in procurement of materials during
his stint as the Additional DGP (Provisioning and Logistics).
Soon after Reddy was appointed state police chief last
year, Kumar was booked by the CID and the duo`s fight reached
the high court.
While taking a strong view of these two officials` public
spar, the court directed the state government to get an
inquiry conducted within two months.
Government sources said this would be the first time that
a serving DGP would be facing an inquiry over corruption in
Interestingly, the DGP submitted a report to the state
government about three months ago, seeking action against six
IPS officers (two of Inspector General rank and four of
Superintendent of Police rank) over corruption.
Two of these SP-rank officers are awaiting promotion to
the rank of Deputy Inspector General of Police.
It may be mentioned that two senior IAS officers B P
Acharya and Y Srilakshmi are in jail for their omissions and
commissions in two scandals (Emaar Properties and illegal
Another senior officer L V Subrahmanyam, currently
executive officer of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams, has been
named in a charge sheet in the Emaar Properties case and may
face arrest soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors