`Confident of putting up good show in AP by-polls`
Hyderabad: Congress on Sunday said that it was confident of putting up a good show in the by-polls to the 18 Assembly constituencies and one Lok Sabha seat in Andhra Pradesh on June 12.
"We are confident that we will make an impact. We will put up a good show," Union Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi, who is also looking after party affairs in the state, told reporters here.
Without hazarding a guess on the number of seats the party would win, he said the Congress is making all efforts to win maximum number of seats.
When asked about rumours doing the rounds that there might be some changes in the party or government in Andhra Pradesh in the event of poor performance in the by-elections, he said there was no discussion about it in the party.
"There is a government and PCC functioning here. They are responsible. There was no such discussion held at any level," he said.
Asked about the recent defection of two Congress MLAs to Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy`s party, he said that would not make any impact on the party.
"Two to three people have defected. This will not affect the party because party workers are not leaving. Only MLAs are going," Ravi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state