`Confident of putting up good show in AP by-polls`
Hyderabad: Congress on Sunday said that it was confident of putting up a good show in the by-polls to the 18 Assembly constituencies and one Lok Sabha seat in Andhra Pradesh on June 12.
"We are confident that we will make an impact. We will put up a good show," Union Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi, who is also looking after party affairs in the state, told reporters here.
Without hazarding a guess on the number of seats the party would win, he said the Congress is making all efforts to win maximum number of seats.
When asked about rumours doing the rounds that there might be some changes in the party or government in Andhra Pradesh in the event of poor performance in the by-elections, he said there was no discussion about it in the party.
"There is a government and PCC functioning here. They are responsible. There was no such discussion held at any level," he said.
Asked about the recent defection of two Congress MLAs to Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy`s party, he said that would not make any impact on the party.
"Two to three people have defected. This will not affect the party because party workers are not leaving. Only MLAs are going," Ravi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh