Cong asks EC to deploy additional forces for Kadapa bypoll
Hyderabad: The ruling Congress in Andhra
Pradesh on Wednesday asked the Election Commission (EC) to deploy
additional security forces for by-elections to Kadapa Lok
Sabha constituency scheduled to be held on May 8.
In separate representations made to the EC and state
Chief Electoral Officer, the Congress said Jammalamadugu and
Pulivendula areas, which have good presence of minorities, are
Some mandals (revenue divisions) have already witnessed
minor disturbances last week, it said.
K J Rao, former EC official, also suggested positioning
adequate forces in Kadapa Lok Sabha constituency, it claimed.
Without mentioning his name, the Congress also alleged
that former MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy was using government and
public places to display his election symbol "ceiling fan" and
sought necessary action from the election authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation