Cong asks EC to deploy additional forces for Kadapa bypoll
Hyderabad: The ruling Congress in Andhra
Pradesh on Wednesday asked the Election Commission (EC) to deploy
additional security forces for by-elections to Kadapa Lok
Sabha constituency scheduled to be held on May 8.
In separate representations made to the EC and state
Chief Electoral Officer, the Congress said Jammalamadugu and
Pulivendula areas, which have good presence of minorities, are
Some mandals (revenue divisions) have already witnessed
minor disturbances last week, it said.
K J Rao, former EC official, also suggested positioning
adequate forces in Kadapa Lok Sabha constituency, it claimed.
Without mentioning his name, the Congress also alleged
that former MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy was using government and
public places to display his election symbol "ceiling fan" and
sought necessary action from the election authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!