Cong asks EC to deploy additional forces for Kadapa bypoll
Hyderabad: The ruling Congress in Andhra
Pradesh on Wednesday asked the Election Commission (EC) to deploy
additional security forces for by-elections to Kadapa Lok
Sabha constituency scheduled to be held on May 8.
In separate representations made to the EC and state
Chief Electoral Officer, the Congress said Jammalamadugu and
Pulivendula areas, which have good presence of minorities, are
Some mandals (revenue divisions) have already witnessed
minor disturbances last week, it said.
K J Rao, former EC official, also suggested positioning
adequate forces in Kadapa Lok Sabha constituency, it claimed.
Without mentioning his name, the Congress also alleged
that former MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy was using government and
public places to display his election symbol "ceiling fan" and
sought necessary action from the election authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2016: Wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in class 10th X Result 2016 West Bengal Board is likely to be announced on May 10, 2016
- Four months after Pathankot terror attack, bodies of 4 terrorists buried
- These five super-foods will help you lose weight in the summer!
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!