Cong asks EC to deploy additional forces for Kadapa bypoll
Hyderabad: The ruling Congress in Andhra
Pradesh on Wednesday asked the Election Commission (EC) to deploy
additional security forces for by-elections to Kadapa Lok
Sabha constituency scheduled to be held on May 8.
In separate representations made to the EC and state
Chief Electoral Officer, the Congress said Jammalamadugu and
Pulivendula areas, which have good presence of minorities, are
Some mandals (revenue divisions) have already witnessed
minor disturbances last week, it said.
K J Rao, former EC official, also suggested positioning
adequate forces in Kadapa Lok Sabha constituency, it claimed.
Without mentioning his name, the Congress also alleged
that former MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy was using government and
public places to display his election symbol "ceiling fan" and
sought necessary action from the election authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Mood swings! What's on Parineeti Chopra's mind?
- WATCH: IPL 2016 final highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar