Cong Core Group to meet on Friday on Telangana
New Delhi: The Congress top brass is meeting on Friday to take a final view on the vexed Telangana statehood issue which has divided all the parties in Andhra Pradesh on regional lines.
Party General Secretary Digvijay Singh, who is in-charge of the party affairs in the state, has already submitted his proposal in this regard to party president Sonia Gandhi as the UPA government weighs options on the demand for separate Telangana.
Amid speculation that a Rayal-Telangana involving two districts of Rayalseema region along with Telangana region could be carved out of Andhra Pradesh as a seperate state, memmbers of the Joint Action Committee of Rayalseema today met Singh to express their reservations.
P Govardhana Reddy, Rajya Sabha member of Congress from Telangana region, met party chief Sonia Gandhi to impress upon her for an early decision on the matter. Some party leaders from Telangana also met Digvijay Singh.
While the Congress Core Group meeting on Friday is expected to take a view on the issue, Rahul Gandhi will also have consultations with Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy and PCC chief Botsa Satyanarayana who could also be called for the key meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today