Cong Core Group to meet on Friday on Telangana
New Delhi: The Congress top brass is meeting on Friday to take a final view on the vexed Telangana statehood issue which has divided all the parties in Andhra Pradesh on regional lines.
Party General Secretary Digvijay Singh, who is in-charge of the party affairs in the state, has already submitted his proposal in this regard to party president Sonia Gandhi as the UPA government weighs options on the demand for separate Telangana.
Amid speculation that a Rayal-Telangana involving two districts of Rayalseema region along with Telangana region could be carved out of Andhra Pradesh as a seperate state, memmbers of the Joint Action Committee of Rayalseema today met Singh to express their reservations.
P Govardhana Reddy, Rajya Sabha member of Congress from Telangana region, met party chief Sonia Gandhi to impress upon her for an early decision on the matter. Some party leaders from Telangana also met Digvijay Singh.
While the Congress Core Group meeting on Friday is expected to take a view on the issue, Rahul Gandhi will also have consultations with Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy and PCC chief Botsa Satyanarayana who could also be called for the key meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state