Cong deliberately announced Telangana just before Parliament session: BJP
New Delhi: Congress deliberately announced the decision to carve out a separate state of Telangana close to the monsoon session of parliament hoping that the ensuing commotion would leave little time for debate on various issues in the House, BJP suggested on Saturday.
"They made the announcement and then did nothing. They should have brought the Bill for creating Telangana in this session. But they took no step," Leader of the Opposition, Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj said, accusing UPA of "complete mismanagement" of the issue.
"Due to serious corruption allegations and mismanagement of economy, the UPA government had decided upon an escapist route" and wanted to merely pass certain key legislations and leave inadequate time for debate on issues we wanted", she and Leader of the Opposition, Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said.
It was obvious that this would cast a shadow on this session and it indeed did, they said. BJP, however, did not allow the government`s move to succeed, they said, and claimed it "exposed its mishandling on various issues".
MPs from Seemandhra region had disrupted Parliament for days before they were suspended. A quick decision would have solved the crisis, they said.
"BJP fully supports the creation of Telangana and would have preferred that a Bill for its creation as a separate state was brought in the monsoon session," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA