Cong govt strong enough to face no-confidence motion: Andhra CM
Chittoor (AP): Andhra Pradesh Chief
Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Sunday exuded confidence that his
government was strong enough to face a no-confidence motion in
the state Assembly if it is moved by the Opposition.
"We are strong enough to face any no-confidence
motion. That is not an issue at all," Kiran Kumar Reddy
observed while reacting to Leader of Opposition N Chandrababu
Naidu`s statement that the TDP would move a no-confidence
motion against the government over the farmers` issue.
Chandrababu announced this as a counter to YSR
Congress party president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy`s challenge to
the TDP to dislodge the Congress government in the state.
"Some people, who don`t even know how a no-confidence
motion is moved, are also talking about it," the chief
minister said in an indirect reference to Jagan.
Jagan has been speaking about the no-confidence card
ever since his victory in the Kadapa Lok Sabha by-election
early this month.
The chief minister said he could only pity Chandrababu
for talking about the no-confidence motion.
The Congress would not only continue in power for the
next three years but also retain it in the 2014 elections
despite the conspiracies being hatched by some elements, he
Replying to a question, Kiran Kumar Reddy said the
Congress would crack the whip at an appropriate time against
legislators and leaders acting against the party.
The chief minister, who was on a two-day trip to his
native Chittoor district, said the state cabinet would soon be
"There will be some changes in the government as well
as the party soon," he said in the backdrop of reports that a
deputy chief minister would soon be appointed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen