Cong govt strong enough to face no-confidence motion: Andhra CM
Chittoor (AP): Andhra Pradesh Chief
Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Sunday exuded confidence that his
government was strong enough to face a no-confidence motion in
the state Assembly if it is moved by the Opposition.
"We are strong enough to face any no-confidence
motion. That is not an issue at all," Kiran Kumar Reddy
observed while reacting to Leader of Opposition N Chandrababu
Naidu`s statement that the TDP would move a no-confidence
motion against the government over the farmers` issue.
Chandrababu announced this as a counter to YSR
Congress party president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy`s challenge to
the TDP to dislodge the Congress government in the state.
"Some people, who don`t even know how a no-confidence
motion is moved, are also talking about it," the chief
minister said in an indirect reference to Jagan.
Jagan has been speaking about the no-confidence card
ever since his victory in the Kadapa Lok Sabha by-election
early this month.
The chief minister said he could only pity Chandrababu
for talking about the no-confidence motion.
The Congress would not only continue in power for the
next three years but also retain it in the 2014 elections
despite the conspiracies being hatched by some elements, he
Replying to a question, Kiran Kumar Reddy said the
Congress would crack the whip at an appropriate time against
legislators and leaders acting against the party.
The chief minister, who was on a two-day trip to his
native Chittoor district, said the state cabinet would soon be
"There will be some changes in the government as well
as the party soon," he said in the backdrop of reports that a
deputy chief minister would soon be appointed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof