Cong ignores YS Vivekananda Reddy for AP council seat
Hyderabad: The Congress party has
cold-shouldered late Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy`s
younger brother YS Vivekananda Reddy by denying him a seat in
the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council under the Governor`s
Though it was widely expected that Vivekananda would
be `nominated` to the Council following his drubbing in the
by-election to Pulivendula Assembly constituency, his name did
not figure in the list of candidates announced by the Congress
to fill the five vacancies in the Upper House of the state
A Chakrapani, former chairman of the Legislative
Council, has secured re-nomination while four others ‘D
Rajeswara Rao, A Lakshmi Siva Kumari, Reddappa Reddy and
Farook Hussain’ also got the nod.
Governor E S L Narasimhan signed the relevant file
today and sent it to the Chief Minister`s Office, official
sources said, adding that a formal notification nominating the
five members to the Council would be issued subsequently.
Vivekananda, who was made the state Agriculture
Minister in December last, resigned in March to contest the
Pulivendula by-election, where he lost to his sister-in-law Y
S Vijayalakshmi of YSR Congress party (YCP).
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy was said to be keen
on having Vivekananda back in his Council of Ministers by
getting him nominated to the Council under the Governor`s
quota. Both Kiran and Viveka had lobbied with the Congress
high command but failed.
Viveka was the sole member of the YSR family who
stayed back in the Congress after Y S Jaganmohan Reddy and
Vijayalakshmi quit in November last. This has also caused a
rift in the YSR family with the uncle-nephew duo falling
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in