Cong legislators undertake `padayatra` in Jagan`s support
Hyderabad: Congress MLAs and MLCs loyal to
former party MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy Wednesday undertook a `padayatra` from Indira Park here in support of the fast being held by him for the last six days on the tuition fees reimbursement issue.
"We have undertaken the `padayatra` in protest against
the Andhra Pradesh government`s insensitive attitude on the
demand for release of funds for the tuition fees reimbursement
and Jagan`s fast," Konda Surekha, a die-hard loyalist of
Jagan, told reporters at the Assembly.
The Jagan supporters found fault with the state
government for not holding talks or sending a representative
to meet Jagan though his week-long fast entered the sixth day
and he needed medical attention.
The government deputed ministers or other representatives
when opposition leaders like Chandrababu Naidu and state BJP
president G Kishan Reddy went on hunger strikes but it has a
"revengeful" attitude towards Jagan, they alleged.
The MLAs, loyal to Jagan, have been expressing their
protest in the assembly on the fees reimbursement issue for
the last few days by holding placards. About 20 MLAs, loyal to
the former MP, have been calling on him during the last six
days of his fast.
Meanwhile, policemen requested Jagan to call off his fast
and take medical treatment as per doctors advice but he
declined to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!