Cong legislators undertake `padayatra` in Jagan`s support
Hyderabad: Congress MLAs and MLCs loyal to
former party MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy Wednesday undertook a `padayatra` from Indira Park here in support of the fast being held by him for the last six days on the tuition fees reimbursement issue.
"We have undertaken the `padayatra` in protest against
the Andhra Pradesh government`s insensitive attitude on the
demand for release of funds for the tuition fees reimbursement
and Jagan`s fast," Konda Surekha, a die-hard loyalist of
Jagan, told reporters at the Assembly.
The Jagan supporters found fault with the state
government for not holding talks or sending a representative
to meet Jagan though his week-long fast entered the sixth day
and he needed medical attention.
The government deputed ministers or other representatives
when opposition leaders like Chandrababu Naidu and state BJP
president G Kishan Reddy went on hunger strikes but it has a
"revengeful" attitude towards Jagan, they alleged.
The MLAs, loyal to Jagan, have been expressing their
protest in the assembly on the fees reimbursement issue for
the last few days by holding placards. About 20 MLAs, loyal to
the former MP, have been calling on him during the last six
days of his fast.
Meanwhile, policemen requested Jagan to call off his fast
and take medical treatment as per doctors advice but he
declined to do so.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on