Cong legislators undertake `padayatra` in Jagan`s support
Hyderabad: Congress MLAs and MLCs loyal to
former party MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy Wednesday undertook a `padayatra` from Indira Park here in support of the fast being held by him for the last six days on the tuition fees reimbursement issue.
"We have undertaken the `padayatra` in protest against
the Andhra Pradesh government`s insensitive attitude on the
demand for release of funds for the tuition fees reimbursement
and Jagan`s fast," Konda Surekha, a die-hard loyalist of
Jagan, told reporters at the Assembly.
The Jagan supporters found fault with the state
government for not holding talks or sending a representative
to meet Jagan though his week-long fast entered the sixth day
and he needed medical attention.
The government deputed ministers or other representatives
when opposition leaders like Chandrababu Naidu and state BJP
president G Kishan Reddy went on hunger strikes but it has a
"revengeful" attitude towards Jagan, they alleged.
The MLAs, loyal to Jagan, have been expressing their
protest in the assembly on the fees reimbursement issue for
the last few days by holding placards. About 20 MLAs, loyal to
the former MP, have been calling on him during the last six
days of his fast.
Meanwhile, policemen requested Jagan to call off his fast
and take medical treatment as per doctors advice but he
declined to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!