Cong MLAs, MLCs from Rayalaseema support unified Andhra
Hyderabad: Congress MLAs and MLCs hailing
from Rayalaseema have strongly supported a unified Andhra
Pradesh and said they would make their stand known to the
party high command soon.
The legislators met here in the assembly tonight and
said in case Telangana is granted statehood, Hyderabad should
not be included in it.
They also demanded a Rs two lakh crore for the
development of Rayalaseema region, including Sri Potti
Sriramulu Nellore and Prakasam districts, which now form part
of coastal Andhra Pradesh.
They want the four districts of Rayalaseema --
Chittoor, Kadapa, Kurnool and Anantapur -- to be clubbed with
SPS Nellore and Prakasam districts and treated as "greater
This is only in the event of granting statehood for
Telangana, a senior MLA who attended the meeting said.
The MLAs will meet again on Thursday and fix the date
for their New Delhi trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand