Cong MLAs, MLCs from Rayalaseema support unified Andhra
Hyderabad: Congress MLAs and MLCs hailing
from Rayalaseema have strongly supported a unified Andhra
Pradesh and said they would make their stand known to the
party high command soon.
The legislators met here in the assembly tonight and
said in case Telangana is granted statehood, Hyderabad should
not be included in it.
They also demanded a Rs two lakh crore for the
development of Rayalaseema region, including Sri Potti
Sriramulu Nellore and Prakasam districts, which now form part
of coastal Andhra Pradesh.
They want the four districts of Rayalaseema --
Chittoor, Kadapa, Kurnool and Anantapur -- to be clubbed with
SPS Nellore and Prakasam districts and treated as "greater
This is only in the event of granting statehood for
Telangana, a senior MLA who attended the meeting said.
The MLAs will meet again on Thursday and fix the date
for their New Delhi trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report