Cong MLC continues indefinite fast for united AP
Kadapa: Congress MLC Y S Vivekananda
Reddy, brother of late chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy,
continued his indefinite hunger strike at a hospital here on
the sixth day.
Vivekananda Reddy, who has been shifted to the Rajiv
Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) after his health
showed signs of weakness, continued his fast for a unified
Congress MLAs -- Adinarayana Reddy and Srikant Reddy --
also continued their fast on the fourth day. As many as 16
others were also holding fast at Kadapa in support of the
Meanwhile, the bandh called to protest the arrest and
forcible shifting of Vivekananda Reddy to hospital in Kadapa
district was largely peaceful.
Two buses were damaged at Kadapa and a mob set afire a
BSNL telephone exchange, a Tahasildar office and another
government office in the district, police said.
Slogan-shouting supporters of the bandh, under the
leadership of Kadapa Mayor Ravindranath Reddy, held a
demonstration in the city.
The Chairman of the Kadapa district Joint Action
Committee to spearhead the campaign for united AP,
Chandrasekhar Reddy criticised the "Hyderabad-based electronic
media" for allegedly not giving adequate coverage to the
integrated Andhra Pradesh movement.
"They gave huge coverage to the fast by TRS chief K
Chandrasekhar Rao. But they are not giving proper coverage to
the united Andhra Pradesh movement. We urge them to speak to
the people here and present a true picture," he said.
Meanwhile, Vivekananda Reddy`s daughter Sunita
approached the State Human Rights Commission in Hyderabad and
sought its intervention regarding medical treatment for her
The Commission has directed the government to consider
shifting Vivekananda Reddy to Nizam`s Institute of Medical
Sciences (NIMS), the Commission sources said to a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video