Cong MP wants party to stop using YSR`s photo
Hyderabad: Urging the ruling Congress in
Andhra Pradesh to dissociate itself from the allegations of
corruption during late Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy`s
tenure, a party MP has also said that YSR`s photographs should
be stopped from being used in party`s publicity material.
"How would people believe if YSR`s photo is carried?
And it is alleged that Jagan (Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy)
is corrupt," senior Congress Rajya Sabha member V Hanumantha
Rao told reporters.
"I had said a long ago that father and son cannot be
seen in isolation," he said.
Replying to a query, he said truth would come out in
the ongoing investigation (by CBI into the cases involving
Jagan) whether Rajasekhara Reddy was corrupt or not.
The debate as to whether to blame Rajasekhara Reddy or
not has started within Congress of late, with some leaders
suggesting that allegations against Jagan cannot be seen in
While leaders like Hanumantha Rao suggest that the
party stops using Rajasekhara Reddy`s name, others like Lok
Sabha member A Sai Pratap say that they cannot criticise the
late Chief Minister due to the strong association they had
State Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana said
yesterday that truth over the allegations of corruption
against Rajasekhara Reddy regime would come out in the CBI
Hanumantha Rao suggested that a meeting of senior
leaders be convened to analyse the party`s preparedness for
the ensuing bypolls to 18 assembly seats.
He regretted that no such meeting was held after the
loss in the bypolls to Kadapa Lok Sabha and seven assembly
The bypolls in 16 constituencies became necessary as
the sitting Congress MLAs were disqualified by the Assembly
Speaker for switching loyalty to Jagan and voting against the
Congress government during a floor test last December.
The sitting member quit in support of the Kadapa MP in
one constituency, while another seat became vacant, when
actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi quit as MLA following his
election to the Rajya Sabha.
Congress drew a blank in the recent bypolls to seven
assembly constituencies in the state.
The YSR Congress had said that the "policy decision
taken by Congress not to spare YSR on corruption charges will
spell doom of the ruling party".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly