Cong MPs from Telangana "ready to quit posts"
Hyderabad: Asserting that formation of
separate Telangana is their ultimate goal, Congress MPs from
Telangana today said they are ready to quit their posts again,
"if necessary", although they were rejected by Lok Sabha
Speaker earlier in the day.
"We have quit our posts in protest against the delay
in the formation of Telangana. We had even boycotted the
Parliament session. But yesterday, we had decided to attend
the coming Parliament session to effectively raise our
demand," Congress MP Gutta Sukhender Reddy said.
"Our goal is separate state. We are ready to quit our
posts, if necessary, for the sake of our demand," he added.
Resignations of 12 MPs from Telangana region,
including TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao, were rejected by Lok
Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Tuesday.
The resignations were "not accepted" by the Speaker as
they were not in proper format.
The MPs included eight from Congress and two each from
TRS and TDP. They had resigned en masse on July 4 to press
for separate Telangana demand.
The Congress MPs, whose resignations were rejected by
the Speaker are Ponnam Prabhakar, G Sukhender Reddy, M
Jagannath, S Rajaiah, P Balram Nayak, G Vivekanand, Suresh
Shetkar and Madhu Goud Yakshi.
The others, whose resignation was rejected, are TDP
MPs, Ramesh Rathod and Namma Nageswara Rao, and TRS chief K
Chandrashekar Rao and party MP Vijayashanti.
The resignations of two MPs KRG Reddy and M Rajmohan
Reddy are still under examination of the Speaker. Rajmohan
Reddy, who has been a Congress member, had joined the YSR
In the Rajya Sabha, Chairman Hamid Ansari is yet to
take a view on the resignation of Congress member K Keshav
Rao, according to sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report