Cong MPs from Telangana to hold sit-in at Parliament tomorrow
Hyderabad: Some Congress MPs from Telangana region, who have been in the forefront of the campaign for separate statehood, would undertake sit-in on the premises of Parliament house on Monday.
Congress Lok Sabha member from Karimnagar Ponnam Prabhakar said MPs from Telangana would observe the sit-in at Gandhi statue in Parliament to highlight their demand.
Telangana Congress MPs have been vocal in raising the separate statehood demand, sometimes causing discomfiture to the party as it is in power in the state.
The Centre had held a meeting of major political parties from Andhra Pradesh earlier this year, but said more consultations were needed to resolve the contentious issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?