Cong MPs from Telangana to hold sit-in at Parliament tomorrow
Hyderabad: Some Congress MPs from Telangana region, who have been in the forefront of the campaign for separate statehood, would undertake sit-in on the premises of Parliament house on Monday.
Congress Lok Sabha member from Karimnagar Ponnam Prabhakar said MPs from Telangana would observe the sit-in at Gandhi statue in Parliament to highlight their demand.
Telangana Congress MPs have been vocal in raising the separate statehood demand, sometimes causing discomfiture to the party as it is in power in the state.
The Centre had held a meeting of major political parties from Andhra Pradesh earlier this year, but said more consultations were needed to resolve the contentious issue.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion