Cong MPs from Telangana to target ministers on statehood issue
Hyderabad: Congress MPs from Telangana are joining hands with the Joint Action Committee to target ministers from the region on the statehood issue.
The MPs and the Telangana JAC, at a meeting here today, reportedly decided to prevent ministers from the region from taking part in official programmes related to Andhra Pradesh Formation Day on November 1.
They are also planning to organise protests in the constituencies represented by the ministers to step up pressure on them to take up the cause of a separate Telangana state.
The Telangana Joint Action Committee has already announced that it would mount pressure on ministers from the region to achieve statehood for Telangana.
Congress MPs G Vivekananda, Gutta Sukhender Reddy, Manda Jagannadh, S Rajaiah, Balram Naik, MLC K Dileep Kumar, TJAC convener M Kodanda Rami Reddy, Telangana Praja Front leader Gaddar and leaders of other Telangana outfits met at the residence of MP Madhu Yaski here to discuss future course of action after the recent Telangana March, which they claimed was a "success".
For the record, the MPs said they would carry forward the agitation for a separate state along with the ministers and legislators from the region.
"We will fully support the action plan of the JAC. Our fight for Telangana will stretch from the gallis (streets) to Delhi," MPs Madhu Yaski, Sukhender and Jagannadh said.
The action plan would be devised in such a way to exert more pressure on the Centre to concede the statehood demand, the MPs said.
Meanwhile, the MPs demanded that all cases registered against pro-statehood activists during the Telangana March be withdrawn immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested