Cong MPs from Telangana to target ministers on statehood issue
Hyderabad: Congress MPs from Telangana are joining hands with the Joint Action Committee to target ministers from the region on the statehood issue.
The MPs and the Telangana JAC, at a meeting here today, reportedly decided to prevent ministers from the region from taking part in official programmes related to Andhra Pradesh Formation Day on November 1.
They are also planning to organise protests in the constituencies represented by the ministers to step up pressure on them to take up the cause of a separate Telangana state.
The Telangana Joint Action Committee has already announced that it would mount pressure on ministers from the region to achieve statehood for Telangana.
Congress MPs G Vivekananda, Gutta Sukhender Reddy, Manda Jagannadh, S Rajaiah, Balram Naik, MLC K Dileep Kumar, TJAC convener M Kodanda Rami Reddy, Telangana Praja Front leader Gaddar and leaders of other Telangana outfits met at the residence of MP Madhu Yaski here to discuss future course of action after the recent Telangana March, which they claimed was a "success".
For the record, the MPs said they would carry forward the agitation for a separate state along with the ministers and legislators from the region.
"We will fully support the action plan of the JAC. Our fight for Telangana will stretch from the gallis (streets) to Delhi," MPs Madhu Yaski, Sukhender and Jagannadh said.
The action plan would be devised in such a way to exert more pressure on the Centre to concede the statehood demand, the MPs said.
Meanwhile, the MPs demanded that all cases registered against pro-statehood activists during the Telangana March be withdrawn immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!