Cong MPs in AP asked to do `soul searching`
Hyderabad: Seeking to enforce discipline in the party vertically divided over the Telangana issue, the Andhra Pradesh Congress on Friday asked its MPs and other leaders
to exercise "utmost restraint" in their actions and while talking to media.
"It is high time we did some soul searching whether it is right on our part to bring in disrepute to the party, either through our actions or controversial statements before the
press and media," AP Congress president D Srinivas said in a letter to the MPs.
"As members of a most democratic political party in the country, we have all the freedom to express our viewpoint at all levels -- from the DCC, PCC to AICC and the High Command. Hence, we may need to exercise utmost restraint in such crucial moments to uphold our dignity and the honour of the Congress party, thereby, strengthening the leadership of Sonia Gandhi ji," he said.
The letter comes in the wake of a war of words and a vertical divide in the Congress state unit between leaders of Telangana and non-Telangana regions.
The divide is such that the Congress leaders from Telangana are seeking a separate Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) for the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed