Cong offers aid to kin of those who died for Telangana
Hyderabad: Congress leaders from Telangana
in Andhra Pradesh today decided to offer financial assistance
to the families of those who ended their lives reportedly in
support of separate state.
"We have decided to offer financial assistance to the kin
of those who ended their lives or suffered physical disability
for the sake of separate Telangana," senior Congress MLA K
Jana Reddy told reporters here.
He was speaking after a meeting of the Congress leaders
from Telangana at the residence of party MP G Vivekananda
The party`s government would work for withdrawing the
police cases registered against the students and other
Telangana supporters as early as possible, he said.
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram had announced on
December nine last year that cases against the students would
be lifted. He had announced then that steps would be taken for
formation of separate Telangana.
Political leaders from Telangana, cutting across party
lines, have been demanding that the cases against the students
and others be taken back as promised by Chidambaram.
The ruling party leaders have formed `Congress Action
Committee for Telangana` to take forward the statehood stir.
The party leaders are likely to hold a meeting at
Karimnagar on October 2 to pay homage to those who reportedly
committed suicide for the sake of Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video