Cong offers aid to kin of those who died for Telangana
Hyderabad: Congress leaders from Telangana
in Andhra Pradesh today decided to offer financial assistance
to the families of those who ended their lives reportedly in
support of separate state.
"We have decided to offer financial assistance to the kin
of those who ended their lives or suffered physical disability
for the sake of separate Telangana," senior Congress MLA K
Jana Reddy told reporters here.
He was speaking after a meeting of the Congress leaders
from Telangana at the residence of party MP G Vivekananda
The party`s government would work for withdrawing the
police cases registered against the students and other
Telangana supporters as early as possible, he said.
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram had announced on
December nine last year that cases against the students would
be lifted. He had announced then that steps would be taken for
formation of separate Telangana.
Political leaders from Telangana, cutting across party
lines, have been demanding that the cases against the students
and others be taken back as promised by Chidambaram.
The ruling party leaders have formed `Congress Action
Committee for Telangana` to take forward the statehood stir.
The party leaders are likely to hold a meeting at
Karimnagar on October 2 to pay homage to those who reportedly
committed suicide for the sake of Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey