Cong says it has strength to face no-confidence motion by TRS
Hyderabad: The ruling Congress on Saturday said it
has the strength to face the no-confidence motion proposed by
the TRS in the Budget session of Andhra Pradesh Assembly even
as the TDP made light of the TRS` decision to move the motion.
"We have the strength to face the no-confidence motion.
Chiranjeevi realised that social justice can be achieved by
merging his party with Congress. We say that if the TRS also
merges with Congress, we are confident that we can achieve
Telangana," AICC secretary and party MLC P Sudhakar Reddy told
Dismissing the TRS announcement on the no-confidence
motion, TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu said it is part of that
"There are so many agendas. Our agenda is people`s
agenda. They have an agenda that suits them," he said.
TDP will decide when and on what issue, we have to move
the no-confidence motion. We need not learn from TRS, senior
TDP leader T Devender Goud said.
TRS MLA and party president K Chandrasekhar Rao`s son
K T Rama Rao said the TDP should support the no-confidence
motion if it is sincere in fighting the Congress.
Seeking to corner TDP, TRS yesterday said it would move
a no-confidence motion against the Kiran Kumar Reddy
Government in Andhra Pradesh in the coming budget session and
asked the main opposition TDP to support it.
The TRS decision has come in the wake of a war of words
between TDP and TRS. The TDP has alleged that the TRS is not
sincere in achieving separate Telangana, and had a clandestine
understanding with the Congress.
"We will move a no-confidence motion against the
Congress Government. If TDP is sincere in fighting against
Congress, it should support us," the TRS President has said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India