Cong says it has strength to face no-confidence motion by TRS
Hyderabad: The ruling Congress on Saturday said it
has the strength to face the no-confidence motion proposed by
the TRS in the Budget session of Andhra Pradesh Assembly even
as the TDP made light of the TRS` decision to move the motion.
"We have the strength to face the no-confidence motion.
Chiranjeevi realised that social justice can be achieved by
merging his party with Congress. We say that if the TRS also
merges with Congress, we are confident that we can achieve
Telangana," AICC secretary and party MLC P Sudhakar Reddy told
Dismissing the TRS announcement on the no-confidence
motion, TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu said it is part of that
"There are so many agendas. Our agenda is people`s
agenda. They have an agenda that suits them," he said.
TDP will decide when and on what issue, we have to move
the no-confidence motion. We need not learn from TRS, senior
TDP leader T Devender Goud said.
TRS MLA and party president K Chandrasekhar Rao`s son
K T Rama Rao said the TDP should support the no-confidence
motion if it is sincere in fighting the Congress.
Seeking to corner TDP, TRS yesterday said it would move
a no-confidence motion against the Kiran Kumar Reddy
Government in Andhra Pradesh in the coming budget session and
asked the main opposition TDP to support it.
The TRS decision has come in the wake of a war of words
between TDP and TRS. The TDP has alleged that the TRS is not
sincere in achieving separate Telangana, and had a clandestine
understanding with the Congress.
"We will move a no-confidence motion against the
Congress Government. If TDP is sincere in fighting against
Congress, it should support us," the TRS President has said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Jibe at Subramanian Swamy? Arun Jaitley says he disapproves of personal attack on Raghuram Rajan
- IPL 2016 Final: Tickets sold out in 2 hours
- Two years of Modi govt: Hope has replaced hopelessness under NDA rule, says PM
- Assam Board SEBA Class 10th Examination Results 2016: SEBA HSLC Results 2016, Assam HSLC Result 2016 to be declared on May 31
- BJP's Assam MLA Angoorlata Deka's viral 'picture': You will be SHOCKED to know the truth!