Cong, TDP responsible for Andhra political crisis: BJP
Hyderabad: The Andhra BJP today held
ruling Congress and Telugu Desam Party (TDP) responsible for
the present political crisis in the state following the
decision to carve out separate Telangana.
"TDP had supported separate statehood before polls,
but now it has taken a `U` turn after the Centre`s
announcement to initiate the process for forming Telangana,"
BJP spokesperson N Ramachandra Rao told reporters here.
Rao also accused Congress for creating hurdles in the
smooth formation of Telangana and said the ruling party should
have moved a bill in the state assembly as demanded by BJP to
avoid this kind of political turmoil.
"Creation of smaller states aim at good governance and
development, and not animosity between people of two regions,"
Rao said that the party`s state office bearers meeting
is being held today to take stock of the current political
situation in the state and chalk out the further course of
action as it has been favouring separate statehood for
BJP party chief Bandaru Dattatreya and state affairs
in-charge Prakash Javdekar will also be attending the meet
along with office bearers from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III