Cong to highlight govt`s programmes at village level
Karimnagar (AP): Congress would campaign at village level throughout the country to create awareness about the successful developmental programmes undertaken by the UPA government, Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar said on Sunday.
The campaign will be started on December 28, which is the Congress party`s formation day, Prabhakar told reporters here.
He called upon partymen to inform the public about the successful schemes and developmental works of the UPA government. "The UPA government has implemented many developmental activities for the public," he said.
In the two Five Year Plans from 2003-2012, the gross enrolment in higher education increased from 12 per cent to 18 per cent in the country. The literacy rate has increased to 74.04 per cent from 64.84 per cent, he said.
More than 650 lakh farmers were financed by the banks during 2012-13. Over 11 crore Kisan Credit Cards have been distributed to the farmers, the Congress leader noted.
He said more than 20 million scholarships were awarded to students from Scheduled Castes and Tribes, besides minority communities under various schemes.
The average industrial growth between 2004-05 and 2011-12 has increased to 8.5 per cent per annum, leading to job creation for the youth.
Aadhar cards were launched in 2009 and over 50 crore cards have been issued till date. The rural tele-density has increased 25 times during the tenure of the UPA government, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH