Cong to highlight govt`s programmes at village level
Karimnagar (AP): Congress would campaign at village level throughout the country to create awareness about the successful developmental programmes undertaken by the UPA government, Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar said on Sunday.
The campaign will be started on December 28, which is the Congress party`s formation day, Prabhakar told reporters here.
He called upon partymen to inform the public about the successful schemes and developmental works of the UPA government. "The UPA government has implemented many developmental activities for the public," he said.
In the two Five Year Plans from 2003-2012, the gross enrolment in higher education increased from 12 per cent to 18 per cent in the country. The literacy rate has increased to 74.04 per cent from 64.84 per cent, he said.
More than 650 lakh farmers were financed by the banks during 2012-13. Over 11 crore Kisan Credit Cards have been distributed to the farmers, the Congress leader noted.
He said more than 20 million scholarships were awarded to students from Scheduled Castes and Tribes, besides minority communities under various schemes.
The average industrial growth between 2004-05 and 2011-12 has increased to 8.5 per cent per annum, leading to job creation for the youth.
Aadhar cards were launched in 2009 and over 50 crore cards have been issued till date. The rural tele-density has increased 25 times during the tenure of the UPA government, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!