Cong, TRS, YSR Cong conspiring to decimate TDP: Chandrababu
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday accused the Congress, the TRS and the YSR Congress of hatching a conspiracy together to decimate his party.
"The YSRCP and the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) have come together to file a case against me in the IMG Bharata (land allotment) issue. The Congress government is aiding those two parties," Chandrababu alleged, addressing the second-day session of the TDP`s extended general body meeting here this afternoon.
"The IMG case was struck down previously by different courts. But now again these parties have filed a fresh case by furnishing false information," he pointed out.
"What`s their motive behind this?" he questioned.
The IMG Bharata case dates back to 2003 when Chandrababu was the state Chief Minister and over 800 acres of land was allotted to the firm for setting up an international class sports academy.
The then YS Rajasekhara Reddy government cancelled the land allotment in 2006.
The CBI expressed willingness to take up investigation in the case, as per the directions of AP High Court.
Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy`s auditor Vijayasai Reddy, an accused in the disproportionate assets case, filed the petition in the HC seeking a CBI probe into the IMG deal.
Chandrababu saw a conspiracy in the entire thing even as the TDP asserted that it would fight it out in the court and come clean.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you