`Cong, TRS, YSR Cong conspiring to decimate TDP`
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam chief N Chandrababu Naidu Tuesday accused the Congress, TRS and YSR Congress of hatching a conspiracy to decimate his party.
"The YSRCP and the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) have come together to file a case against me in the IMG Bharata (land allotment) issue. The Congress government is aiding those two parties," Chandrababu alleged, addressing the second-day session of the TDP`s extended general body meeting here this afternoon.
"The IMG case was struck down previously by different courts. But now again these parties have filed a fresh case by furnishing false information," he pointed out.
"What`s their motive behind this?" he questioned.
The IMG Bharata case dates back to 2003 when Chandrababu was the state Chief Minister and over 800 acres of land was allotted to the firm for setting up an international class sports academy.
The then YS Rajasekhara Reddy government cancelled the land allotment in 2006.
The CBI expressed willingness to take up investigation in the case, as per the directions of AP High Court.
Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy`s auditor Vijayasai Reddy, an accused in the disproportionate assets case, filed the petition in the HC seeking a CBI probe into the IMG deal.
Chandrababu saw a conspiracy in the entire thing even as the TDP asserted that it would fight it out in the court and come clean.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends