Cong using CBI, other agencies against opponents: Venkaiah
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday accused the ruling Congress of misusing Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and other agencies to malign its opponents.
"The UPA government led by Congress has been misusing the institutions of CBI, Income Tax Department, Enforcement Directorate, CVC (Central Vigilance Commission) to tarnish the image of its political opponents," Naidu alleged at a press conference.
The ruling party was using the Income Tax Department to harass former BJP president Nitin Gadkari, he alleged.
"The Congress is using this type of tactic to keep its allies under its control," he also claimed.
The former BJP chief described the Lokpal Bill, which was accepted by the union cabinet, as "very weak".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation