Cong using CBI, other agencies against opponents: Venkaiah
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday accused the ruling Congress of misusing Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and other agencies to malign its opponents.
"The UPA government led by Congress has been misusing the institutions of CBI, Income Tax Department, Enforcement Directorate, CVC (Central Vigilance Commission) to tarnish the image of its political opponents," Naidu alleged at a press conference.
The ruling party was using the Income Tax Department to harass former BJP president Nitin Gadkari, he alleged.
"The Congress is using this type of tactic to keep its allies under its control," he also claimed.
The former BJP chief described the Lokpal Bill, which was accepted by the union cabinet, as "very weak".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued