Cong using CBI, other agencies against opponents: Venkaiah
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday accused the ruling Congress of misusing Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and other agencies to malign its opponents.
"The UPA government led by Congress has been misusing the institutions of CBI, Income Tax Department, Enforcement Directorate, CVC (Central Vigilance Commission) to tarnish the image of its political opponents," Naidu alleged at a press conference.
The ruling party was using the Income Tax Department to harass former BJP president Nitin Gadkari, he alleged.
"The Congress is using this type of tactic to keep its allies under its control," he also claimed.
The former BJP chief described the Lokpal Bill, which was accepted by the union cabinet, as "very weak".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- File chargesheet against Chhota Rajan in Dey murder case by Aug 5, court tells CBI
- Swimming's governing body FINA bans seven Russians from participating at Rio Olympics
- Not liable to repay Rs 6,000 crore debt due to breach of terms: Kingfisher Airlines
- Pakistan assures China of 'smooth progress' of economic corridor
- Ajit Jogi opens new front against Congress over Mahanadi dam