Cong using CBI, other agencies against opponents: Venkaiah
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday accused the ruling Congress of misusing Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and other agencies to malign its opponents.
"The UPA government led by Congress has been misusing the institutions of CBI, Income Tax Department, Enforcement Directorate, CVC (Central Vigilance Commission) to tarnish the image of its political opponents," Naidu alleged at a press conference.
The ruling party was using the Income Tax Department to harass former BJP president Nitin Gadkari, he alleged.
"The Congress is using this type of tactic to keep its allies under its control," he also claimed.
The former BJP chief described the Lokpal Bill, which was accepted by the union cabinet, as "very weak".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid