Cong will transform Seemandhra into modern state: Chiranjeevi
Vijayawada: Union Minister and Congress leader Chiranjeevi on Saturday said his party would "transform" Seemandhra into a modern state by bringing all-round development in the residuary state post creation of Telangana.
"The aim of Congress is to transform Seemandhra into Navyandhra (modern Andhra). After bifurcation of the state, it is the responsibility of Congress to develop it on all sectors, particularly in providing irrigation, and also employment opportunities to the youth," Chiranjeevi said while interacting with reporters here.
He said Congress had already promised to take up Polavaram irrigation project as a national project through which about 7 lakh acres of land will be brought under irrigation.
"The Congress will form government in Seemandhra, which will support industries in the region to promote employment opportunities," said Chiranjeevi, also chairman of the Congress` Andhra Pradesh Election Committee.
"Instead of creating awareness among people on the benefits of bifurcation, some opposition leaders are creating fears and doubts in their minds," he said, adding former chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy is "misguiding" people by saying that unified state is still a possibility.
Taking on TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, Chiranjeevi said, "Naidu cheated party cadres by selling out party tickets to industrialists."
Chiranjeevi said Modi will never become prime minister due to his "anti-secular" policies.
Earlier, he conducted road shows in the city in support of Congress candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!