Cong yet to take a final view on Telangana: Azad
New Delhi: The Congress has concluded intra-party discussions on the separate Telangana issue but is yet to take a final decision, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said on Monday.
"We have concluded our discussions with leaders of our party at all levels -- MPs, legislators, senior party leaders belonging to all the three regions," Azad, who is also Congress General Secretary in-charge of party affairs in Andhra Pradesh, told reporters here.
He said no final decision has been taken on the issue and the Congress may have to discuss at an appropriate time on the need to take into confidence and have a dialogue with other political parties.
Azad said he was hopeful that the pro-Telangana members of the Congress or the Opposition, were aware that the first part of the Budget Session had not transacted business as desired.
Asked about disruptions of Parliamentary proceedings by pro-Telangana MPs, Azad said in a democracy every member has the right to have his or her say inside Parliament.
"But alongwith raising issues, members also have the responsibility to make laws," he said, adding that the Budget Session was the most important session of Parliament.
The Congress had reportedly stepped up consultations on the Telangana issue and had despatched Overseas Indians Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi to Andhra Pradesh as the party high command`s emissary on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared