Cong yet to take a final view on Telangana: Azad
New Delhi: The Congress has concluded intra-party discussions on the separate Telangana issue but is yet to take a final decision, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said on Monday.
"We have concluded our discussions with leaders of our party at all levels -- MPs, legislators, senior party leaders belonging to all the three regions," Azad, who is also Congress General Secretary in-charge of party affairs in Andhra Pradesh, told reporters here.
He said no final decision has been taken on the issue and the Congress may have to discuss at an appropriate time on the need to take into confidence and have a dialogue with other political parties.
Azad said he was hopeful that the pro-Telangana members of the Congress or the Opposition, were aware that the first part of the Budget Session had not transacted business as desired.
Asked about disruptions of Parliamentary proceedings by pro-Telangana MPs, Azad said in a democracy every member has the right to have his or her say inside Parliament.
"But alongwith raising issues, members also have the responsibility to make laws," he said, adding that the Budget Session was the most important session of Parliament.
The Congress had reportedly stepped up consultations on the Telangana issue and had despatched Overseas Indians Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi to Andhra Pradesh as the party high command`s emissary on the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed