Cong yet to take a final view on Telangana: Azad
New Delhi: The Congress has concluded intra-party discussions on the separate Telangana issue but is yet to take a final decision, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said on Monday.
"We have concluded our discussions with leaders of our party at all levels -- MPs, legislators, senior party leaders belonging to all the three regions," Azad, who is also Congress General Secretary in-charge of party affairs in Andhra Pradesh, told reporters here.
He said no final decision has been taken on the issue and the Congress may have to discuss at an appropriate time on the need to take into confidence and have a dialogue with other political parties.
Azad said he was hopeful that the pro-Telangana members of the Congress or the Opposition, were aware that the first part of the Budget Session had not transacted business as desired.
Asked about disruptions of Parliamentary proceedings by pro-Telangana MPs, Azad said in a democracy every member has the right to have his or her say inside Parliament.
"But alongwith raising issues, members also have the responsibility to make laws," he said, adding that the Budget Session was the most important session of Parliament.
The Congress had reportedly stepped up consultations on the Telangana issue and had despatched Overseas Indians Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi to Andhra Pradesh as the party high command`s emissary on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot