Congmen loyal to CM questions Jagan`s controversial yatra
Hyderabad: The war of words between Congress MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy and the leaders loyal to the high command and Chief Minister K Rosaiah intensified on Monday
with the latter questioning the way the young MP is conducting his controversial yatra.
"The `Odarpu Yatra` is a farce. The real motive of the tour has come out. Why should he (Jagan) say that MPs and MLAs are prevented from joining his yatra, when he has said clearly that it is a personal yatra. Congress has a solid vote bank. Whoever tours, people would come. If he has the ability, he should come out of the party and prove himself," Madhu Yashki Goud, Congress MP from Nizamabad, said in Delhi.
Slamming Jagan for his attack on the chief minister, Goud said the Kadapa MP should not forget that Rosaiah never sought Chief Minister`s post.
P Shankar Rao, Congress MLA from Secunderabad Cantonment, said it is high time Jagan followed the high command`s directives.
On the last day of his four-day tour in Srikakulam district yesterday, Jagan hit out at Rosaiah about his eyeing the CM`s post.
"Rosaiah reportedly said that I am in a hurry to become the chief minister. I am asking you, am I here to console or to ask for chief minister`s post? I have come here
to console. I do not understand why there is worry about the chief minister`s post. I think we should be ashamed of this politics," Jagan said.
Earlier, Jagan`s remarks that MLAs are being prevented from joining his yatra have attracted sharp criticism from several senior party leaders.
"Jagan Mohan Reddy has clearly stated in his open letter that the yatra is a personal and non-political tour. Then what is the need for MLAs, MLCs or any political leaders
to join the yatra? Why this debate at all", N Tulasi Reddy, state Congress spokesperson, asked.
Meanwhile, Jagan today started his `Odarpu Yatra` in East Godavari district in coastal Andhra Pradesh.
Jagan began his tour after offering prayers at the famous temple of Lord Satyanarayana at Annavaram in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family