Congress announces candidates for Andhra bypolls
New Delhi: Former union minister T Subbirami Reddy will be the Congress candidate for the bypoll to the Nellore Parliamentary seat in Andhra Pradesh.
The candidature of Reddy, a sitting member of the Rajya Sabha, was announced by AICC general secretary Oscar Fernandes here today.
Congress also announced candidates for the bye-election to the 18 assembly constituencies.
Sambari Samma Rao will be in the fray from Parakal, Dharmana Ramdas from Narasannapeta, Gantla Sumana from Payakaraopeta, Thota Thrimurthulu from Ramachandrapuram, Kothapalli Subbarayadu from Narasapuram, Nupa Parvathi from Polavaram and TJR Sudhakar from Prathipadu.
Other candudates are Pinneli Laxma Reddy (Matcherla), Mangutha Parvathamma (Ongole), K Vijayarami Reddy (Udaygiri), Meda Mallikarjuna Reddy (Rajampet), K Eshwariah (Kodur), M Ram Prasad Reddy (Rayachoti), Gangula Pratap Reddy (Allagadda), Y Rudra Gaud (Yemmiganur), Patil Venugopal Reddy (Rayadurga), Mursheed Begum (Anantpur) and M Venkataramana (Tirupati).
The Tirupati seat was vacated by actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi after he was elected to the Rajya Sabha recently.
The by elections will be held on June 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir