Congress announces candidates for Andhra bypolls
New Delhi: Former union minister T Subbirami Reddy will be the Congress candidate for the bypoll to the Nellore Parliamentary seat in Andhra Pradesh.
The candidature of Reddy, a sitting member of the Rajya Sabha, was announced by AICC general secretary Oscar Fernandes here today.
Congress also announced candidates for the bye-election to the 18 assembly constituencies.
Sambari Samma Rao will be in the fray from Parakal, Dharmana Ramdas from Narasannapeta, Gantla Sumana from Payakaraopeta, Thota Thrimurthulu from Ramachandrapuram, Kothapalli Subbarayadu from Narasapuram, Nupa Parvathi from Polavaram and TJR Sudhakar from Prathipadu.
Other candudates are Pinneli Laxma Reddy (Matcherla), Mangutha Parvathamma (Ongole), K Vijayarami Reddy (Udaygiri), Meda Mallikarjuna Reddy (Rajampet), K Eshwariah (Kodur), M Ram Prasad Reddy (Rayachoti), Gangula Pratap Reddy (Allagadda), Y Rudra Gaud (Yemmiganur), Patil Venugopal Reddy (Rayadurga), Mursheed Begum (Anantpur) and M Venkataramana (Tirupati).
The Tirupati seat was vacated by actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi after he was elected to the Rajya Sabha recently.
The by elections will be held on June 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves