Congress announces candidates for Andhra bypolls
New Delhi: Former union minister T Subbirami Reddy will be the Congress candidate for the bypoll to the Nellore Parliamentary seat in Andhra Pradesh.
The candidature of Reddy, a sitting member of the Rajya Sabha, was announced by AICC general secretary Oscar Fernandes here today.
Congress also announced candidates for the bye-election to the 18 assembly constituencies.
Sambari Samma Rao will be in the fray from Parakal, Dharmana Ramdas from Narasannapeta, Gantla Sumana from Payakaraopeta, Thota Thrimurthulu from Ramachandrapuram, Kothapalli Subbarayadu from Narasapuram, Nupa Parvathi from Polavaram and TJR Sudhakar from Prathipadu.
Other candudates are Pinneli Laxma Reddy (Matcherla), Mangutha Parvathamma (Ongole), K Vijayarami Reddy (Udaygiri), Meda Mallikarjuna Reddy (Rajampet), K Eshwariah (Kodur), M Ram Prasad Reddy (Rayachoti), Gangula Pratap Reddy (Allagadda), Y Rudra Gaud (Yemmiganur), Patil Venugopal Reddy (Rayadurga), Mursheed Begum (Anantpur) and M Venkataramana (Tirupati).
The Tirupati seat was vacated by actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi after he was elected to the Rajya Sabha recently.
The by elections will be held on June 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...