Congress announces candidates for Andhra bypolls
New Delhi: Former union minister T Subbirami Reddy will be the Congress candidate for the bypoll to the Nellore Parliamentary seat in Andhra Pradesh.
The candidature of Reddy, a sitting member of the Rajya Sabha, was announced by AICC general secretary Oscar Fernandes here today.
Congress also announced candidates for the bye-election to the 18 assembly constituencies.
Sambari Samma Rao will be in the fray from Parakal, Dharmana Ramdas from Narasannapeta, Gantla Sumana from Payakaraopeta, Thota Thrimurthulu from Ramachandrapuram, Kothapalli Subbarayadu from Narasapuram, Nupa Parvathi from Polavaram and TJR Sudhakar from Prathipadu.
Other candudates are Pinneli Laxma Reddy (Matcherla), Mangutha Parvathamma (Ongole), K Vijayarami Reddy (Udaygiri), Meda Mallikarjuna Reddy (Rajampet), K Eshwariah (Kodur), M Ram Prasad Reddy (Rayachoti), Gangula Pratap Reddy (Allagadda), Y Rudra Gaud (Yemmiganur), Patil Venugopal Reddy (Rayadurga), Mursheed Begum (Anantpur) and M Venkataramana (Tirupati).
The Tirupati seat was vacated by actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi after he was elected to the Rajya Sabha recently.
The by elections will be held on June 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US