Congress announces candidates for Andhra bypolls
New Delhi: Former union minister T Subbirami Reddy will be the Congress candidate for the bypoll to the Nellore Parliamentary seat in Andhra Pradesh.
The candidature of Reddy, a sitting member of the Rajya Sabha, was announced by AICC general secretary Oscar Fernandes here today.
Congress also announced candidates for the bye-election to the 18 assembly constituencies.
Sambari Samma Rao will be in the fray from Parakal, Dharmana Ramdas from Narasannapeta, Gantla Sumana from Payakaraopeta, Thota Thrimurthulu from Ramachandrapuram, Kothapalli Subbarayadu from Narasapuram, Nupa Parvathi from Polavaram and TJR Sudhakar from Prathipadu.
Other candudates are Pinneli Laxma Reddy (Matcherla), Mangutha Parvathamma (Ongole), K Vijayarami Reddy (Udaygiri), Meda Mallikarjuna Reddy (Rajampet), K Eshwariah (Kodur), M Ram Prasad Reddy (Rayachoti), Gangula Pratap Reddy (Allagadda), Y Rudra Gaud (Yemmiganur), Patil Venugopal Reddy (Rayadurga), Mursheed Begum (Anantpur) and M Venkataramana (Tirupati).
The Tirupati seat was vacated by actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi after he was elected to the Rajya Sabha recently.
The by elections will be held on June 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda