Congress bungling on issue of Andhra division: Chandrababu Naidu
New Delhi: TDP leader Chandrababu Naidu, who is here to press for "equal justice" for people of Telangana as well as Seemandhra, today accused Congress of playing politics and "bungling" on the issue of division of Andhra Pradesh.
"Congress wants to create problems and draw some political mileage. This was their idea. So, I condemn the attitude of the Congress party," he told reporters after meeting BJP veteran L K Advani at his residence here.
Naidu said it was his responsibility to meet national leaders to explain what was happening in Andhra Pradesh and the motive of the Congress party in bifurcating the state.
"Equal justice has to be done to both the areas and an amicable solution has to be arrived at. But Congress has bungled on the issue," he said.
He claimed Congress was interested only in winning seats in elections. "These are all the things I have explained to him (Advani). Everybody has the same opinion," the former Chief Minister said.
Naidu challenged Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy to hold a protest against the state`s bifurcation outside Congress President Sonia Gandhi`s residence.
"The Chief Minister is coming to Delhi. Now, he is fasting tomorrow at Indira Gandhi Samadhi. At the same time, he is supporting Congress candidates in Rajya Sabha election. On the one hand, he is praising Sonia Gandhi and on the other, he is fighting against bifurcation...Never in the history such a thing has happened?," he asked.
Seeking the support of various political parties on the issue, the TDP chief had met several leaders including BJP chief Rajnath Singh yesterday to explain his position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!