Congress bungling on issue of Andhra division: Chandrababu Naidu
New Delhi: TDP leader Chandrababu Naidu, who is here to press for "equal justice" for people of Telangana as well as Seemandhra, today accused Congress of playing politics and "bungling" on the issue of division of Andhra Pradesh.
"Congress wants to create problems and draw some political mileage. This was their idea. So, I condemn the attitude of the Congress party," he told reporters after meeting BJP veteran L K Advani at his residence here.
Naidu said it was his responsibility to meet national leaders to explain what was happening in Andhra Pradesh and the motive of the Congress party in bifurcating the state.
"Equal justice has to be done to both the areas and an amicable solution has to be arrived at. But Congress has bungled on the issue," he said.
He claimed Congress was interested only in winning seats in elections. "These are all the things I have explained to him (Advani). Everybody has the same opinion," the former Chief Minister said.
Naidu challenged Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy to hold a protest against the state`s bifurcation outside Congress President Sonia Gandhi`s residence.
"The Chief Minister is coming to Delhi. Now, he is fasting tomorrow at Indira Gandhi Samadhi. At the same time, he is supporting Congress candidates in Rajya Sabha election. On the one hand, he is praising Sonia Gandhi and on the other, he is fighting against bifurcation...Never in the history such a thing has happened?," he asked.
Seeking the support of various political parties on the issue, the TDP chief had met several leaders including BJP chief Rajnath Singh yesterday to explain his position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections