Congress calls fasts of leaders on Telangana a `political stunt`
Chennai: Congress on Saturday described the indefinite fasts by YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy and TDP supremo Chandrababu Naidu in protest of the Centre`s decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh, as a "political stunt".
"Earlier, Jagan made a statement that he was for Telangana.. Now, he is on a fast... TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu was the first to give a letter seeking Telangana. Now, he will be sitting on a fast. This is not correct," Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Panabaka Lakshmi said at the sidelines of an event here.
"People are reading newspapers, they are watching TV. Everybody knows what is happening. So, no need to bluff. Even a child knows what is happening in Andhra Pradesh. These are political stunt," Lakshmi, hailing from Andhra Pradesh, said.
Asked whether she would resign as her colleagues did in protest of the party`s decision to bifurcate the state, Lakshmi said, "I don`t want to resign. That`s their decision. I am Congress worker and I will oblige my High Command."
The minister was here to commence rolling out of the sale of 5kg LPG cylinders at petrol pumps and launching portability of LPG connections across oil marketing companies.
The 5kg LPG would be available at Rs 504 in select petrol pumps in the country, while existing LPG customers may opt to switch over to another company using portability, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Cops release suspect's sketch as public outrage grows in Kerala's 'Nirbhaya' case
- Flat belly diet: Include these 3 foods to burn fat fast!
- Read: Why Virat Kohli, David Warner exchanged text messages regarding Orange Cap in IPL 9?
- Shocking! 7th Pay Commission recommends abolition of overtime for government employees
- VVIP chopper deal: BJP most welcome to make revelations, says Sonia Gandhi