Congress dismisses Jagan`s claim of victimization
Nellore/Tirupati: Rebutting the allegation of Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy and his followers that he was being victimised, Congress today said that "world" cannot turn a blind eye to his alleged corruption.
"If Chief Ministers can go to jail, Union Cabinet ministers can go to jail, from Congress party and principal opposition party, what does Jagan think of himself? Has he come from heaven? He wants the whole world to keep eyes shut. He wants that no agency should touch him. Is it possible?" Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said at a campaign rally for bypoll in Tirupati.
Rubbishing Jagan`s claim that he was being targeted because he defied Congress leadership, Azad, in-charge of party affairs in Andhra Pradesh, asked how Jagan`s case was different from that of A Raja, Suresh Kalmadi and others.
"How can the world keep eyes shut if Jagan builds factories overnight and palatial bungalows worth crores of rupees?" he asked.
Congress had respect for the departed YS Rajasekhara Reddy, "but the son does not deserve any mercy", Azad said.
The June 12 bypolls to 18 Assembly constituencies and one Lok Sabha seat were unnecessary and they had been thrust on the people by Jagan, he claimed.
The bypolls to 16 Assembly seats became necessary as the sitting Congress MLAs were disqualified after switching loyalty to Jagan and voting against the Congress government during a floor test in December, while another MLA resigned in his support.
Actor-politician Chiranjeevi quit as MLA following his election to Rajya Sabha which necessitated another bypoll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez