Congress dividing AP without knowing people`s concerns: YSRCP
Tirupati: YSR Congress party leader Sharmila, sister of party president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, on Monday formally began her bus yatra in support of united Andhra Pradesh with a public meeting from the temple town here.
Addressing a public meeting, Sharmila said the ruling Congress has set about dividing the state without taking into consideration the concerns of the people.
The ruling Congress and the main opposition TDP were only interested in political mileage without doing anything concrete for the people of Seemandhra region.
Earlier, Sharmila, her mother and YSRCP honorary president Y S Vijayamma and other family members, party leaders paid homage to late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy on his death anniversary at the family estate in Kadapa district.
YSRCP has come out openly in support of united Andhra Pradesh. However, the party had earlier said that status quo should be maintained if the Centre fails to do equal justice to all the regions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet