Congress dividing AP without knowing people`s concerns: YSRCP
Tirupati: YSR Congress party leader Sharmila, sister of party president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, on Monday formally began her bus yatra in support of united Andhra Pradesh with a public meeting from the temple town here.
Addressing a public meeting, Sharmila said the ruling Congress has set about dividing the state without taking into consideration the concerns of the people.
The ruling Congress and the main opposition TDP were only interested in political mileage without doing anything concrete for the people of Seemandhra region.
Earlier, Sharmila, her mother and YSRCP honorary president Y S Vijayamma and other family members, party leaders paid homage to late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy on his death anniversary at the family estate in Kadapa district.
YSRCP has come out openly in support of united Andhra Pradesh. However, the party had earlier said that status quo should be maintained if the Centre fails to do equal justice to all the regions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi